Coming Soon to Public Television, Hike On, a new television series that celebrates America’s most popular form of outdoor recreation…Hiking! Hosted by the nation’s leading authority on hiking and trails, The Trailmaster John McKinney, Hike On serves as both an introduction for the curious and a resource for the experienced with the majesty of the great outdoors starring in every episode.
To learn more about Hike On, view the pilot, and explore the exciting opportunities and many benefits of becoming a sponsor, call The Trailmaster Team: 805-845-7102. For a lively look at the new show, its major segments and multimedia outreach, check out the Hike On Sponsor Brochure
ABOUT HIKE On
- A half-hour travel magazine-style program, Hike On shares tips, trips, trails and tales. The Trailmaster Team shot a sizzle reel (short pilot) that impressed Public Television execs.
- Once sponsorship is secured a large-market station will distribute a full season of 13 episodes to all California Public Television Stations. Public Television stations are ideal for Hike On because these stations collectively reach 99 percent of households with television; no cable channel has that reach.
- By showcasing California’s—and the nation’s—most spectacular trails, interviewing successful people whose lives have been transformed by hiking, and offering tips to make the most of the outdoor experience, Hike On inspires viewers to reconnect with nature and enjoy the many benefits of hiking.
- Each episode of Hike On will include recurring major segments that the viewer will come to look forward to: Great Hikes from our diverse team of Trail Reporters; Equipment reviews from our Gear Guide; an interview and an edgy video essay from host John McKinney. The show also includes fun shorter recurring segments including user-submitted videos, The Hiker’s Dictionary, and Hike-Ku—poetic video plus 17 well-chosen syllables.
- In addition to broadcast, videos of the show’s segments will be available 24/7 online, part of a library of searchable, shareable hiking content. A Hike On App and a targeted social media strategy will also be created.
- Here’s a link to the Hike On Presentation Reel
- A particularly favorite segment of the new show is ZEVAdventures